Enrolment Registration: Enrolment Registration for either 3 or 4 year old Kindergarten can be lodged from January 1st, in the year that your child turns 2.
How to Enrol in Kindergarten
Confidential Enrolment Form: You will received a letter of offer from either the City of Ballarat or ECKA by early September in the year before your child commences kindergarten. Once you have received and replied to your letter of offer, you will be notified of your confirmed place. The kindergarten will then ask you to complete the online Confidential Enrolment Form. (This link can be found at the bottom of the page.)
Step 1: Register for Kinder
4 Year Old Kindergarten: Your child must be 4 years of age by 30th of April in the year of attendance at 4 year old kindergarten.
3 Year Old Kindergarten: Your child must turn 3 years of age by the 30th of April in the year of attendance at 3 year old kindergarten.
Children are eligible for attendance in the three-year-old kindergarten program provided they have turned three prior to commencement.
ECKA reserve the right to enrol children who turn three after April 30, if it is in the best interest of the child, or program.
Specific details relating to each ECKA Kindergarten can be found in the ‘Find a Kindergarten’ section of this website.
REGISTER NOW (follow instructions below)
Here is a video to help
Central Kindergarten Registration
The following ECKA Managed kindergartens participate in Central Kindergarten Registration with the City of Ballarat for both 3 and 4 year old programs:
Additional Information about the kindergartens listed above can be collected from:
- The Kindergarten
- ECKA Office – 11 Grandview Grove, Wendouree
- Maternal and Child Health Centres
- Ballarat Libraries
- The Phoenix Building – City of Ballarat council offices, 25 Armstrong Street Sth
- You may also contact the Ballarat City Council on:
Ph: 5320 5720
Individual Kindergarten Registration
The following ECKA Managed Kindergartens handle enrolments for both 3 and 4 year old kindergarten programs at their own kindergarten.
Wallace and District Kindergarten and Ballan and District Preschool
Wallace and District Kindergarten and Ballan and District Preschool enrolments are accepted by the Moorabool Shire Central Enrolment Scheme.
Applications for 2022:
- To apply for 3yo Kindergarten in 2022 email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- To apply for 4yo Kindergarten in 2022 click here.
Applications for 2023:
- For information on applications for 3yo or 4yo Kindergarten in 2023 please click here
- Registrations for 2023 are now open, please visit https://www.moorabool.vic.gov.au/kindergartens to register
Step 2: Confidential Enrolment Form
Your child’s place at kindergarten has now been confirmed and your kindergarten Teacher has requested that you complete a Confidential Enrolment Form.
Before commencing the online Confidential Enrolment Form, please ensure you have the following details at hand:
- Your Childs CRN (only required for Long Day Care Enrolments)
- Parent CRN (only required for Long Day Care Enrolments)
- Emergency Contact Details, including name, address and phone number
- Court orders (if applicable)
- Your child’s immunisation status
- Medical Details, including:
Medical Practitioner name, address and phone number
Medicare Card No.
Ambulance Subscription No. (if applicable)
Pension or HCC Card Details (if applicable)