Clunes and District Preschool
2020 Session times
At Clunes and District Pre-School we believe childhood is a formative time where foundations are laid for future health, learning and wellbeing. That all children are strong and capable individuals actively engaged in their own unique learning journey. Our aim is to promote the development of children’s understanding, skills and dispositions to support them to become caring contributors to their world, to enjoy successful fulfilling relationships and become lifelong learners.
We endeavour to create an environment for learning that supports respectful relationships and communication as well as acceptance of diversity and difference. A pre-school that is safe and secure for all our community, promotes play based, child centred learning as well as rich, interesting and aesthetic learning experiences in both indoor and outdoor spaces. A place where children, families and community work in partnership with educators to provide a program that is supportive, inclusive and promotes the best possible outcomes for every child.
In relation to children we:
- Create an environment where they feel safe, secure and supported through responsive listening, predictable routines, and secure attachments that encourages their interests and values their individual ideas, abilities, identities and cultural background.
- Provide interesting and engaging spaces inside and outside where children can explore, discover, create, imagine, problem solve and where they are given ‘time’ to play.
- Promote communication, respect, emotional intelligence, problem solving, critical thinking and informed risk taking through our program.
- Promote respectful relationship and awareness of the natural environment through sustainable practices, natural play spaces, materials and investigations.
- Reflect on our program and practice to support individual children’s and group development and foster educator’s ongoing professional and personal development.
In partnership with families we:
- Value parents and families as the child’s first teachers.
- Respect the diversity of families and the value that each family contributes to the community.
- Build reciprocal and respectful relationships with families based on listening, sharing information and communication that is regular, incidental and formal.
In relation to the community we:
- Value the local community and develop children’s identity, belonging and educational opportunities through exploring facilities and experiences in this unique rural environment.
- Respect, acknowledge and value Aboriginal and Torres strait Islander peoples, culture, histories and language and their community-locally and nationally.
- Connect families with the services available in their community.
- Promote our centre in the wider community to grow understanding and value of our educational contribution and what we offer to our local families.
Please click here to view the 2020 Information Booklet
2020 Session Times
Tuesday: 9:00 - 2:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00 - 2:00pm
Thursday: 9:00 - 2:00pm
Tuesday: 9:00 - 12:00pm